Also known as the “Senior Happiness Superhero,” Tom Glaser is a life coach, psychologist, and speaker with over 35 years of experience. Whether counseling, teaching, or appearing in the media, his passion for helping people live their best lives flows through. A dog lover, gardener, and yoga teacher, he and his husband are based in Minneapolis but spend as much time as possible in the Southern California desert.
Tom Glaser is a psychologist and life coach with over 30 years of experience. Tom is also the author of the Amazon.com bestseller ‘Full Heart Living: Conversations with the Happiest People I Know,’ which launched three years ago via a performance piece, Full Heart Living LIVE! He is now working on a second book and video project on Resilience following Trauma. Whether writing, counseling individuals or groups, appearing in media, or teaching, his passion for helping people live their best lives flows through.
Topics & Episode Ideas
THE RELATIONSHIPS RESET
Through practicing active listening with cultivated “Conversation Sparks,” this beloved “playshop” provides an immediate experience of deep connecting. You’ll practice skills you can take with you that can lead to more satisfying relationships with yourself and others and a richer, happier life.
THE RESILIENCE REBOOT
An introduction to three Pathways to Resilience: Body, Mind, and Heart. Explore and strengthen skills of “exquisite self-care” and improve your relationship with your body, your mind, your heart, and your loved ones while strengthening your ability to bounce back from whatever life has to offer.
BEFRIENDING THE SELF: AN INTRODUCTION TO SELF-COMPASSION
Westerners are bombarded with messages that we aren’t okay, leading to negative self-beliefs and unhealthy relationships. Self-compassion provides a potent antidote. This experiential workshop introduces meditation practices that help open our hearts to self-acceptance and self-love.
Chef AJ Show (YouTube)
- As a psychologist and happiness expert, are you surprised by America’s ranking in the 2021 World Happiness Report (19th)?
- Why do you suppose we rank lower than many other developed countries?
- Why is happiness important? Aren’t there other, more pressing matters people should attend to?
- What can Americans do to be happier?
- How did your book, Full Heart Living, come about?
- How have people responded to Full Heart Living?
- What do you hope people will take away from your book?
- How do you help people achieve happiness?